I am a national baseball writer always interested in new writing or media opportunities. If you are a baseball editor or producer, don’t hesitate to reach out via email (cliffordsbrb at yahoo dot com) or twitter (@CliffCorcoran).
In addition to my writing, listed below, I have been making semi-regular appearances on the MLB Network (primarily on MLB Now) since 2013, have been the most frequent of the regular guests on The Infinite Inning podcast with Steven Goldman since its launch in 2017, and am a frequent guest on sports radio stations across the USA and Canada.
Here are some places you can find my writing:
Baseball writing online:
- Baseball Prospectus (2020–present)
- The Cycle (Substack newsletter, 2021–present)
- InsideTheDodgers at SI.com (2020)
- The Athletic (2018–2020)
- Sports on Earth (2016–2018)
- Boston.com (2016–17)
- USA Today (2016)
- SI.com (2007–2016)
- SB Nation (2012–2013)
- Pinstriped Bible (2010–2012, 2013)
- Bronx Banter (2005–2010)
- Clifford’s Big Red Blog (2003–2005)
I also have authored the daily MLBTR Newsletter for MLB Trade Rumors since November 2021.
Also at SI.com:
- The Strike Zone, SI.com blog (formerly “Hit and Run”) (2012–2014)
- World Baseball Classic Blog (SI.com, 2009)
- Fungoes Blog: Wild Card (SI.com, 2007)
Books (as co-author):
- The Hall of Nearly Great (2012)
- Baseball Prospectus 2012
- Baseball Prospectus 2011
- Bronx Banter Presents: Lasting Yankee Stadium Memories (2010)
- Baseball Prospectus 2010
- Baseball Prospectus 2009
- It Ain’t Over ‘Til It’s Over: The Baseball Prospectus Pennant Race Book (2007)
- Baseball Prospectus 2006
- Mind Game (2005)
Books (as editor):
- Baseball’s Brief Lives by Steven Goldman (2022)
- Baseball Prospectus Futures Guide 2022
- Baseball Prospectus 2022
- Baseball Prospectus 2008
- Pro Football Prospectus 2007
- Baseball Prospectus 2007
- A Well-Paid Slave by Brad Snyder (2006)
- Juicing the Game by Howard Bryant (2005)
- Rip It Up and Start Again: Postpunk 1978-1984 by Simon Reynolds (US edition, 2005)
- Lindy’s Baseball Preview (2017)
- Official Twins Scorecard (May 25-27, 2010)
- Fantasy Baseball Index (2009)
Before I started writing about baseball, I was a freelance music critic for magazines such as Alternative Press and Ray Gun. I also had the privilege of helping Ira Robbins update and expand the Trouser Press archives on TrouserPress.com. Here are links to my contributions there (all from 2004).
I briefly attempted to get back into writing about music at a blog called Tin Ear at the late, lamented Baseball Toaster. I continue to hope/pretend that I will re-start that blog, but in the meantime, that link will take you to the only two posts . . . from 2008.
John S. Murdzek
April 3, 2015 at 9:17 pm
I wanted to thank you for your recent SI article criticizing the response of MLB and the Angels to Josh Hamilton being found NOT in violation of MLB’s drug policies. I was shocked and disappointed, too, at the hurtful tone they took toward a fellow human being with two difficult addictions to battle. I can’t begin to imagine the stress Mr. Hamilton is under each and every day, even without MLB and the Angels piling on. If MLB and the Angels are in any way guilty of violating Mr. Hamilton’s confidentiality in this matter, I hope they are held accountable. Take care, Mr. Corcoran, and keep up the good work.